JOB DESCRIPTION – Grange Pavilion Assistant
Job Title: Grange Pavilion Assistant
Responsible to: Centre Manager
Responsible for: Managing the building during shift
Liaison with: General public and other members of staff/Volunteers
Employment Group: Grange Pavilion Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO)
Purpose of post:
To assist the Grange Pavilion Manager in their duties and to ensure the smooth, safe running of Grange Pavilion on evenings and weekends.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the safe provision of Grange Pavilion operation with a high level of customer care, including safely opening and closing the building, supervision of volunteers, and cleaning responsibilities;
- Liaising with the Centre Manager to progress and resolve operational issues;
- Dealing with user groups, organising and taking an active role in managing bookings and the operational programme of the centre;
- Assisting in the preparation, organisation, delivery and supervision of events;
- Promoting and maintaining a high standard of service delivery in accordance with the aims and objectives of Grange Pavilion;
- Giving guidance and general support to the volunteers and other members of staff;
- Managing public complaints and problems at an initial stage;
Supervision and Security of General Public:
- Directing the activities of users to prevent injury, misuse or damage to the facilities and/or equipment;
- Offering trained assistance to users in difficulty (first aid training will be provided);
- Supervising and implementing emergency procedures;
- Checking building security and fire safety provision including fire exits and fire-fighting equipment;
- Ensuring the safety and security of users;
The role involves the cleaning of the centre, its surrounds and equipment ensuring that high standards of cleanliness, presentation and hygiene are in accordance with those expected by our customers. Completion of the daily schedule is required and any issues reported to the Centre Manager.
Building Services, Structure and Equipment:
- Reporting faults, broken equipment and removing from service where necessary.
Health and Safety:
- Comply with Health and Safety legislation and ensure team also comply.
- Comply with the Department’s Health and Safety policy, and ensure team also comply
- To administer emergency First Aid.
- Be trained to administer emergency First Aid.
- Be trained as a Fire Warden
- Other training can be discussed with the Manager.
- Attending training and staff meetings.
- Assisting in the drawing up of procedures and work instructions, and training of staff in their use.
- To perform any other duties as reasonably required by the Centre management team.
Able to communicate and deal with all sectors of the public, able to communicate with staff at all levels within the organisation, the ability to lead a team, including motivation and training of staff/volunteers.
Trustworthy, enthusiastic and self-motivated, assertive, reliable, conscientious, responsible, and able to use initiative. Civil, patient yet firm in application of procedures.
Pleasant manner, the ability to lead by example; demonstrating appropriate conduct at all times.
Previous experience of facility management / caretaker role. However, training will be provided and enthusiasm and commitment is more desirable.
Bilingual or multilingual.
All employees must be able to demonstrate a good record during any previous employment and show a commitment to high levels of attendance whilst working at Grange Pavilion.
We are looking for three part-time members of staff to work 36 hours a week between them as a job share to cover the following hours.
Monday – Friday 5pm to 9pm
Saturday and Sunday – 9-5pm
Hours to be agreed on appointment. Ideally, each staff member will work 12 hours a week in three x four hour shifts.
Lone working applies to this post. A lone working policy will be provided to successful candidates.
End of June 2021 – End of Feb 2022 (36 weeks).
£10 an hour plus holiday pay.
NEST pension option (employee contribution of 5%, employer contribution of 3%).
Equivalent of 20 days paid leave across the 36 week contract.
Please send your CV (no more than two pages) and a one page cover letter explaining why you would like the role to email@example.com.
Alternatively, please send your CV and a short video application of no more than two minutes stating why you would like the role.
Closing date – midnight on Wednesday 9th June 2021.