Spot-A-Bee Creative Support
Cardiff University, through its Civic Mission strategy, pledges to work directly with communities through community-led projects and student and staff volunteering, recognising that they play a major role in shaping projects which seek to tackle poverty, boost the economy and improve health, education and wellbeing.
Cardiff University’s award-winning Pharmabees project, with funding from the Wellcome Trust ISSF3 scheme, recently launched a citizen-science initiative to develop community-based science projects linked to bee species and nature in Cathays, Splott and Grangetown.
But we need help! We are looking to work with an individual who can:
- Develop website content and a social media presence which promotes the project to the public and provides avenues for interested parties to engage with the project. Help us generate interest in the project and recruit our community champions;
- Post regular updates on the project to our social media channels;
- Create a physical display at the Grange Pavilion community centre which supports the project and promotes other nature-based protects.
The project will run between February 2021 and August 2021 and we have a small budget of £1,000 to recruit a community freelancer to help us achieve our goals. We are looking for someone based in one of the three pilot areas.
We would like to work with someone based in one of the three pilot areas.
If you are interested in applying, please send the following to ThomasL90@cardiff.ac.uk:
- Examples of previous work (maximum of 5)
- A short outline of how you would approach the brief (submission can be audio, video, visual or written (maximum of 500 words)).
Applications close at 5pm on the 15th February.